Kori Kohi was popularized by UCC. Since we are still on a lockdown, I thought of making a home version of this drink 🙂
Recipe (Makes 1 serving)
1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee (Not 3-in-1)
1/4 cup Hot Water
3/4 cup Cold Water or Room Temperature
1/2 to 3/4 cup Warm Milk (depends on how much milk you want to add)
1. Mix the instant coffee and hot water in a container. We are using hot water first just to dilute the instant coffee granules.
2. Add 3/4 cup of cold or room temperature water and then mix again.
3. Pour the mixture into the ice tray and freeze.
4. Once frozen, transfer the coffee ice cubes into a glass.
5. Pour the warm milk over the coffee ice cubes. We are using warm milk so that it will melt the coffee ice cubes.
6. You may sweeten this drink by adding sugar syrup or plain granulated white sugar or brown sugar.
That’s it! Enjoy your drink!
If you don’t want to add to use instant coffee, you may brew your coffee using coffee grounds. The proportion is up to you as it depends on how strong you want the coffee to taste.
Your goal is to end up with one cup of coffee that you will pour into the ice tray.
If you find the coffee taste to be weak, try making your coffee more concentrated. 🙂