Shop this post:
Some links are affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no cost to you. 🙂
8 cup double wall stainless steel French press (This is the one we have, but larger.)- https://amzn.to/2LAh2lC
6 cup double wall stainless steel French press (This is the exact one we currently have.)- https://amzn.to/2LDX1KW
12 cup (51 ounce) glass French press- https://amzn.to/2LBFq6n
Coffee grinder- https://amzn.to/2AlDTgv
Berkey water filter- https://www.berkeyfilters.com/berkey-water-filters/big-berkey.html?a_aid=5b2cf1884101a&a_bid=8b4878fc
Hand thrown clay mug- https://hartandhess.com/products/hand-thrown-mug
Stainless steel kettle- https://amzn.to/2GGHBqM
My Berkey water filter video/review- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8CaB1n31iI
Get my free essential oils class- https://bit.ly/farmhouseoils
Supplies for how to make the best coffee in the French press:
Instructions for how to make the best coffee in the French press:
These instructions will yield two 12 ounce cups of coffee.
1. Add 3/4 cup of whole roasted coffee beans to a standard size coffee grinder.
2. Pulse the beans, until they are coarsely ground.
3. Add the freshly ground beans to a 26 ounce (6 cup) French press.
4. Cover the beans with water that is just under a boil. Fill the French press until about a half inch from the top.
5. Give the beans a little stir.
6. Put the plunger into the pot, and press it down just a bit to ensure the coffee beans are below the surface of the hot water.
7. Allow the coffee to steep for about 5 minutes.
8. Add a few tablespoons of fresh heavy cream to the bottom of a mug, top with the French press coffee, and enjoy!
Some notes about how to make the best coffee in the French press:
– It is best to use a double wall stainless steel French press. It will keep the coffee hotter for much longer. You can enjoy a warm cup of coffee up to an hour after making it, with this kind of press. A glass press will only hold the heat for about 10 minutes.
– Go for a medium roast coffee. Of course this is just my preference, but if you are new to coffee and grinding your own beans, this will most likely be the best choice for you. My favorite brand, mostly for the price and because it is organic, is the ALDI whole bean medium roast coffee beans. I also love the Pike’s Place roast from Starbucks, but only get it very rarely. Usually just when my mom buys it for me for Christmas!
– Make sure to not grind the coffee grains as finely as store brought ground coffee. This does mean you will go through coffee a little more quickly, but the taste is definitely worth it!
My video equipment:
(Links are affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.)
Business inquiries: email@example.com
Follow along with Farmhouse on Boone:
Thank you so much for stopping by the farmhouse!